Applied Photography consists of a team of experienced artistic/technical professionals who work closely with clients throughout the creative process to ensure that the end result is a finished image designed to exceed your expectations. Whether your project is an advertisement, a brochure, a direct mail piece, an internet project or any other type of image-based material, Applied Photography will deliver images that are designed to put your company and project ahead of the competition.
Jim Doyle, owner of Applied Photography, is passionate about all aspects of his chosen profession. He excels at photography by utilizing his unique talent of combining the disciplines of fine art, technology and business/marketing. Add 30-plus years of experience, and you will understand how he has become an award-winning, professional photographer who consistently creates a “Wow!” response to his photos.
When preparing to create a truly outstanding photograph – an image that will prompt a viewer to remember and purchase your product or service – it is important for the photographer to be able to pinpoint the type of lighting and perspective that will create an emotional response. This reaction cannot be achieved by simply snapping a picture. Jim has displayed over and over again how visual acuity and a high level of technical expertise can be used to provide the highest quality images that not only inspire, but also sell.
Jim’s photographs have helped to win industry-wide awards for architects and interior designers. His photos have been published on covers and placed in ads and articles in the finest magazines worldwide. And he encourages and mentors other photographers and teaches photo classes and seminars.
He has served as…
- 2013 Vice President Elect of Professional Photographers of California
- 2009 & 2010 President of the Professional Photographers of Orange County
- 2008 Vice President of the Professional Photographers of Orange County the local affiliate of Professional Photographers of America (PPA)
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 BIA Orange County & BIA Riverside Official Photographer
- 2009 Official Photographer of the Orange County Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) Urban Living at Astoria Design Tour
Jim has been awarded numerous Industry awards, including
- “2013 Architectural Photographer of the Year” Professional Photographers of California
- “2012 Architectural Photographer of the Year” Professional Photographers of California
- “2011 AiA Art Walk Landscape Award” (American Institute of Architects)
- “2010 Commercial Photographer of the Year” Professional Photographers of Orange County
- “2009 Commercial Photographer of the Year” Professional Photographers of Orange County
- “2008 Photographer of the Year” Professional Photographers of Orange County
“photography is both an art and a science. The art is being able to understand what your client needs, see it in your mind’s eye and find the right scene & angle. The science is about applying light to achieve that vision. And it’s all about the light.” Jim Doyle